How to get to Bamberg
There are several ways to get to Bamberg:
- The nearest airport is in Nuremberg (Nürnberg). The underground line U2 connects the main station with the airport. From there you can take a train to Bamberg which takes about 45 minutes.
- Most international guest may use the airports in Frankfurt am Main or Munich.
- If you arrive at Frankfurt Airport: There is a high speed train connection (ICE) from Frankfurt am Main to Würzburg. There you have to change the train to Bamberg.
- If you arrive at Munich airport: After landing you have to use the suburban train (S-Bahn) to Munich main station. Take the train to Bamberg (about 2:30 hours).
- The train schedule can be found on the website of Deutsche Bahn.
- The city of Bamberg is small compared to larger conference cities. You can either walk or take the bus to get to the conference venue. Here you can find the bus schedule.
Bamberg is part of the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. Take the chance to discover the medieval city. Here you can find further information.