Schedule: When? What? Who?

In the following, you will find information on the arranging of Learning Agreements and the crediting of courses taken abroad. In particular, the questions below are addressed:

  • What do I have to do if I want to arrange Learning Agreements for a study place abroad?
  • What do I need to consider with regard to Learning Agreements during my stay abroad?
  • After completing my studies abroad, how do I proceed with the crediting of examinations?

In principle, each chair and each examiner independently assumes the conclusion and the respective recognition upon return of Learning Agreements (LAs).

Here and on the following pages which concern studying abroad you will find information of general interest, including information on the procedure regarding Learning Agreements of individual chairs, as far as the respective information has been made available.

The following chairs/examiners will coordinate your course of action regarding LAs and recognitions:

  • Univ.-Prof. Egner, Chair of Corporate Taxation
  • Univ.-Prof. Oehler, Chair of Finance

In that regard, please contact Dipl.-Kfm. Dipl.-Hdl. Daniela Wilhelm-Oehler (preferably by e-mail: daniela.wilhelm-oehler(at)

Before doing so, please read the general information regarding the documents to be submitted on the following pages!

Please note that only pdf files are processed!

Step 1:Placement Abroad Fixed

  • Students who would like to arrange Learning Agreement (LA) must provide proof that they have been accepted to study at a host university abroad.
  • Please combine all syllabi, for which a review determining the comparability to Bamberg examinations/modules is to be carried out, into one pdf file and send it by e-mail.
  • This pdf file should be preceded by a cover note listing concrete suggestions on which foreign syllabus/course is to be checked for equivalence with an offered examination/module at the University of Bamberg.
  • Please note, in order to execute a review, the courses/syllabi of the respective foreign university must meet minimum requirements: detailed content description, comprehensible information on the scope and type of the examination, weekly semester hours, obtainable ECTS-credits (for alternative workload or weighting details, a corresponding official declaration from the foreign university must be attached, indicating ECTS-credits by analogy).
  • Syllabi must originate from the official offices of the respective foreign university; they must be written in English or German. Syllabi in other languages must be presented in the original version, accompanied by a comprehensible and correct translation into German or English.
  • Please notice that a review can only be conducted in the presence of the required minimum documents

Step 2: Processing and Review

  • If the documents are complete, they are forwarded to the responsible examiners/chairs for checking.
  • The decision regarding LAs is incumbent to the examiners/chairs offering the respective examinations/modules at the University of Bamberg. Thus, it is not the coordinator Mrs. Wilhelm-Oehler who decides upon LAs!
  • After response by the according examiners/chairs, an e-mail informing about approval or rejection will be sent.
  • In case of approval, please complete the corresponding formregarding the covenant on Learning Agreements and send it to Mrs. Wilhelm-Oehler (the form can be found here).
  • As soon as the form is signed, you will receive an e-mail with the information where to pick up the form.
  • During the stay abroad: If there are demonstrable changes during your stay abroad (e.g. courses are no longer offered or cannot be taken, course contents change with regard to the submitted documents), please directly contact Mrs. Wilhelm-Oehler; do not contact the examiners/chairs. Minimum requirements and procedure as above.

Step 3: After Finishing Stay Aboard

  • If you would like to credit examinations/modules from a LA, please see Mrs. Wilhelm-Oehler upon your return from abroad; it is required to bring the original and a copy of your foreign certificate (alternatively: certified copy) as well as the completed form for crediting (see homepage of Examination Board).
  • If applicable, she will then confirm the accuracy of the provided information.
  • Finally, the documents have to be forwarded to the corresponding Examination Board for crediting (note crediting periods!).