Applied computer science in Bamberg is characterized by its strong connection to the areas of application, especially in the humanities and cultural studies.
The focus is on the targeted use of computer science in innovative applications as well as the consideration of the necessary IT principles and methods.
The chairs of applied informatics work with companies and organizations in the region and beyond in a variety of ways.
Details can be found on the pages of the individual chairs:
- Media informatics (Prof. Dr. Andreas Henrich)
- human-computer-interaktion (Prof. Dr. Tom Gross)
- Applied computer science in the cultur, historical and geosciences (Prof. Dr. Christoph Schlieder)
- Cognitive Systems (Prof. Dr. Ute Schmid)
- Smart Environments (Prof. Dr. Diedrich Wolter)