Introduction to Dialogue Systems (DS-IDS-M)
This module deals with dialogue as linguistic behaviour and its modelling in technical systems. It introduces the field of speech dialogue technology and includes the entire processing chain of a dialogue system: acoustic signal processing, speech recognition, natural language understanding, dialogue management, speech generation and speech synthesis. Industrial companies working in the field of speech dialogue systems will give guest lectures on individual dates.
After successful participation, each participant should have gained the following knowledge:
- General theoretical understanding of speech dialogue technology,
- Understanding of dialogue modelling and the usual modularisation of this task
- Overview over the state-of-the-art of the speech technology application dialogue system
- Knowledge about the basics of the individual topics of a modular dialogue system
The lecture covers the following topics:
- Introduction to dialogue systems
- Acoustic Preprocessing
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- Natural Language Understanding
- Dialogue Management
- Natural Language Generation
- Speech Synthesis
- Statistical Spoken Dialogue Systems
The lecture is accompanied by practicals and runs each winter term.
Participants generally need to be enrolled in one of the Master programms Applied Computer Science or Computing in the Humanities. Students enrolled in Information Systems should check with the Servicedesk WI if they are able to participate.
The course language is German.