Master Seminar Conversational AI (DS-Sem-M)
Chatbots like ChatGPT and digital personal assistants like Siri, Google Assistant and Alexa have become indispensable in today's world thanks to their ability to engage in language-based interaction. Thes systems are classified as conversational AI or (spoken) dialogue systems. In this module, participants will dive deep into the Conversational AI literature and scientifically prepare and present a state-of-the-art research topic.
The learning goals for this course are the following: the participants
- learn to familiarise themselves individually and independently with their respective topic,
- train and understand methods of scientific writing and oral communication,
- learn to discuss and evaluate methods and approaches in the area of Conversational AI,
- develop a deep understanding of their respective topic including possible applications and limitations
The Seminar covers topics from Conversational AI, with each semester having a different theme and execution. Examples are:
- SS 2023: Reading group on Largue Language Models: The Technology behind ChatGPT
This 3-ECTS seminar runs each semester.
Participants must be enrolled in one of the Master programms Applied Computer Science or Computing in the Humanities.
The course language will be decided at the beginning of each semester. The language of the term paper may be German or English.
The content of the colloquium and the term paper consists of the implementation work done during the course of the semester.
The terms and conditions (e.g., deadline) of the term paper and of the presentation will be announced at the beginning of each course.