Institute for English and American Studies
Please note the links to study and research in the navigation menu on the left.
In English and American Studies we are concerned with the linguistic varieties, literatures and cultures of the Anglophone world. The Institute is subdivided into the following departments:
- English Linguistics including History of the English Language
- English Literature
- British Cultural Studies
- American Studies
- English and American Cultural Studies
- Practical Language Instruction
- Didactics of English Language and Literature (Information in German only)
The departments of the Institute of English and American Studies are located in U9 (English Linguistics, English Literature, American Studies, Didactics of English Language and Literature), in KR12 (British Cultural Studies) in ERBA, WE5 (Practical Language Instruction) and in OK8 (English and American Cultural Studies).
The teaching program includes courses in practical language, diachronic and synchronic linguistics, as well as courses on Anglophone literatures and cultures from the Middle Ages to the present.
The administrative regulations of the Institute of English and American Studies can be found here.
The links on this page under "Studies" provide inter alia:
- information on all courses of study available
- the contact data of the departmental student advisory service
- a brief description of the departments of the Institute English and American Studies at the Otto-Friedrich-University of Bamberg
- information on registration and exam deadlines in FlexNow!
The current office hours and contact addresses of the lecturers can be found under Persons & Office Hours of the individual departments.
Information on further projects and activities in the field of English and American Studies can be found on the pages of the individual departments.
The latest information on courses can be found in UnivIS.
Please stay in touch with us after your studies via the alumni network of the University of Bamberg!