Prof. Dr. Christine Gerhardt
- 19th and 20th/21st-Century American Literature
- Literature of Migration and Mobility
- Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson
- African American Literature and Culture
- Literature and Culture of the American South
- DFG-Project: "The Environmental Imagination of Mobility: Nature and Migration in Contemporary American Poetry (DFG Sachbeihilfe, GE 1186/3-1, May 2016 - November 2018)
- "Dickinson's Garden Ecologies." The Oxford Handbook on Emily Dickinson, Eds. Cristanne Miller and Karen Sanchez-Eppler. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2019.
- "The Natural World." Walt Whitman in Context. Ed. Joanna Levin and Edward Whitley. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2018.
- "'We must travel abreast with Nature, if we want to understand her': Mobility in Dickinson's and Whitman's Environmental Imagination." Whitman/Dickinson: A Colloquy. Ed. Éric Athenot and Cristanne Miller. Iowa City: University of Iowa Press. 2018.
- The American Novel of the Nineteenth Century. Edited with an Introduction. Handbooks of English and American Studies. Berlin and New York: DeGruyter. 2017.
- Environmental Imagination on the Move: Nature and Mobility in American Literature and Culture. Ed. Christine Gerhardt and Christa Grewe-Volpp. Special Issue of American Studies/Amerikastudien. 2017.
- "Unsettling Ecopoetics." Environmental Imagination on the Move: Nature and Mobility in American Literature and Culture. Ed. Christine Gerhardt and Christa Grewe-Volpp. Special Issue of American Studies/Amerikastudien, 2017.
Please find more details on these research projects here.