Important information on the Joint Programme at one glance
The "European Joint Master's Programme in English and American Studies" is an exclusively English-taught, two-year MA programme during which students spend one obligatory semester (usually the third ) abroad at one of our partner and mobility universities. The universities in the consortium work together to provide a high-quality international curriculum focussing on the three core areas of literature, linguistics and cultural studies with regional aspects. After successful completion of the full programme, students will be awarded a double degree of both their entrance university (Bamberg) and their respective mobility university (currently with the exception of the Unviersities of Barcelona and Pécs).
On this website, you will find information on the programme and the application procedure, an overview over our offers of support before and during the programme and a list of useful links. To make your start at Bamberg as easy as possible, please have a look at the following pages which provide answers to the questions asked most often. For further help, please contact us via e-mail.
Application and information
- Double Application to the consortium and Bamberg as home university
- Joint Programme general website (hosted by the University of Graz)
- Summer school
- Information for students who plan to spend the semester(s) after their mobility term away from Bamberg(227.6 KB)
- Checklist MA thesis: see Regulations and Documents
Study regulations and synopsis
- Studien- und Prüfungsordnung "MA English and American Studies"
- Module Handbook
- Study regulations in English
- Synopsis: course of studies, overview of modules(178.0 KB)
- Curriculum and structure of the programme (with module descriptions)
- Consolidation module form literature / Consolidation module form culture / Consolidation module form linguistics
- Internship application form(239.3 KB)