Information on module examinations in English Linguistics (Module Statements)
Guidelines for students and staff(122.3 KB, 1 page)
Module statement form(1.1 MB, 2 pages)
Should you not be able to fill in the document electronically, please do the following:
In the open pdf-document, press the button "View in a different programme", which can be found in the upper right hand corner, fill in the form, save it, and send it.
If there is no "View in a different programme"-button, you can
1. fill in the Microsoft Word document(151.6 KB, 2 pages), OR
2. print out the pdf document and fill in the first page manually. If you don't want to write your text manually, stick a print-out of it on the designated area, hand it in as a print-out, or send it as a scan.
For students of BA English and American Studies who have begun their studies in winter term 2014/15 or later
Information and registration for the oral examination in the "Ergänzungsmodul" in English Linguistics(714.7 KB, 3 pages)
(Please download the document if your browser can't display it properly!)
MA Consolidation Module
Students of MA English and American Studies who have begun their Consolidation Modules I, II or III in summer term 2016 or later take an oral examination which covers both a seminar and a lecture or Übung (Consolidation Module I) or only a seminar (Consolidation Modules II and III). The oral exam (in English) usually takes place at the end of the lecture period in which classes of the module are completed. The exam in Consolidation Module IV (4 ECTS) is a graded oral presentation in class.
If you choose "English Linguistics", please heed the following guidelines for Consolidation Modules I-III:
- Consolidation Module I (10 ECTS) – c. 30 minutes; Seminar: basic literature and four of the seminar topics, one of them in depth; Lecture / Übung: an appropriate selection of topics
- Consolidation Module II (6 ECTS) – c. 20 minutes: basic literature and three of the seminar topics, one of them in depth
- Consolidation Module III (5 ECTS) – c. 20 minutes: basic literature and two of the seminar topics, one of them in depth
Please register for the oral exam by filling in and handing the following form to the lecturer teaching your seminar by the 5th week of term
(details may be added or changed at a later point in time)
Consolidation Module Registration Form(103.9 KB, 2 pages)