Online course: Research Information System (FIS) – focus on publications
The Current Research Information System (FIS) records and visualizes research activities at the University of Bamberg: publications, research data, projects, awards, researchers and institutions. The online course introduces you to the FIS with a focus on publications. The aim is to make the main functionalities of the FIS understandable.
The Current Research Information System (FIS) records and visualizes research activities at the University of Bamberg. One important element of this system are publications that are indexed and published in FIS. Therefore FIS serves as institutional repository and university bibliography. Entered data can be used in a multitude of ways, for example for websites, publication lists and publishing in open access.
This workshops presents what FIS is capable of with a focus on publications:
- Entering publications – avoiding duplicate data storage
- Importing data from various sources
- Publishing in open access
- Legal parameters for secondary publications and services of the University Library (Sherpa Romeo)
- Consideration for the performance oriented resource allocation (LOM)
- Using the Opean Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID)
- Entering and editing projects and profiles
- Linking projects and publications
- Exporting to websites and publication lists (Typo3)
After the course you are welcome to ask questions and there is room for mutual exchange.
Rereachers, research assisstants and research supporting staff, doctoral candidates, post graduate program participants, student auxiliaries
Dates and Registration
The event takes place as an online course using Zoom. Current dates in the virtual campus.
Additional sessions upon consultation for groups of at least 5 people.
Should you have any question, please contact Barbara Ziegler, Tel. 863-1595.