Branch Library 4 (Languages and Literature)
Learning space24 in the Branch Library 4 – open 24/7
The learning space24 is open round the clock.
Please note the following:
- Between 12:00 a.m. and 08:30 a.m. the lockers in the ground floor are not accessible. Instead use the lockers in the basement.
- Please, borrow not-yet-borrowed books from the circulation desk before 12:00 a.m.
- You reach the entrance/exit Stangsstraße through the staircase or the elevator. You gain access to the building using your student ID.
About the Library
In 2004, Branch Library 4 moved into the modern glass building and was completed with the extension building in 2017. Branch Library 4 offers literature of different philological disciplines, a broad collection of films on DVD, and children and youth literature. Additionally, you find foreign-language daily and weekly newspapers and exhibitions are held regularly.
Numerous workplaces are available. Furthermore, you find additional single workspaces, group workspaces, and a parent-child room in the extension building and the old building, Heumarkt 2.
Parts of the stacked literature is accessible via the open stacks.
About 529,000 volumes; approximately one fourth of which is open stacks
Range of subjects
- General Linguistics and Literature
- German Philology
- English and American Language and Literature
- Romance Philology
- Slavonic Studies
- Classical Philology
- Oriental Studies
To find the key to the advanced RVK classification system for Oriental Studies, please click here [German only].
Where do I find what?
Basement - Groundplan(55.2 KB)
- Open Stacks (40/ ... LI ... und 40/ ... LX ...)
Ground floor - Groundplan(500.8 KB)
- Circulation Desk and Information
- Textbook Collection
- Course Reserves
- General (A)
- German Studies (G)
- Greek and Latin (F)
- Scanning Room
- Copy Room
- Theatre Shelf
- Accessible WC
- Baby Changing and Medical Room
- Group Room
Level 1 - Groundplan(480.9 KB)
- General Linguistics and Literature (E)
- Oriental Studies (E)
- English and American Studies (H)
- Romance Studies (I)
- Slavic Studies (K)
- Copy and Scanning Rooms
- Branch Library Director
- Group Rooms (bookable)
Level 2 - Groundplan(70.9 KB)
- Training Room
- Branch Library Administration
- Reading Room
- Accessible WC
- Parent & Child Room