Branch Library 5 (History and Geo Sciences)
About the Library
Next to the baroque slaughterhouse erected in 1742, the new building of the Branch Library 5 blends right it. It was built from 1984 until 1987 where there used to be a butcher's shop built way back in 1863.
The library is idyllically situated near the old town hall where Little Venice begins. From their reading desks, students and visitors benefit from the magnificent view of Bamberg Cathedral, the New Residence, and Michelsberg Abbey. The rather unique floorplan of the reading halls adds to a pleasant working atmosphere inside the building.
About 272,000 items, 85,000 of which are open access holdings, and 689 current periodicals.
About 20,000 geographical maps (housed in the university building Am Kranen 1, but managed by the Institute of Geography).
Range of subjects and consultation appointments
Where do I find what?
Overview charts(1.2 MB)
- Textbook collections for all subjects
- Geography (R)
- Geography term reserve list
- Archaeology and History (NB - NY)
- Archaeology and History term reserve lists
- Journals for all subjects of the Branch Library 5 (TB 5) as from 1985 (ZG, ZH, ZU)
- General lexica (A - G)
- European Ethnology (LB - LC)
- Classical Archaeology (LE - LG)
- Art History, including Heritage Conservation (LH - LO)
- Course reserves for History of Art, Historic Preservation Studies, and European Ethnology