Agreements with publishers on Open Access publishing
Bamberg University Library supports the transformation of scientific publishing to Open Access. The aim is to make scientific research results freely available worldwide (oa2020.org).
Members of the University of Bamberg have the opportunity to publish Open Access free of charge or at reduced cost within the framework of agreements between library consortia and publishers. Publish-and-Read contracts were concluded with the publishers Wiley (2019) and Springer Nature (2020) as part of the DEAL project. Negotiations with the publisher Elsevier are currently suspended. The current status can be found on the project website www.projekt-deal.de.
Agreements are currently in place with the publishers listed below. For article processing charges (APCs) in Open Access journals, you can apply for the University's Open Access Fund. Publications in hybrid journals (subscription-based journals which offer OA for single articles) are not eligible for the University's Open Access Fund.
If you have any questions, please contact the University Library (Contact persons).
Cambridge University Press
Since 01.01.2019, members of the University of Bamberg as corresponding authors can use the open access option ("Cambridge Open") for hybrid journals free of charge. "Hybrid journals" refers to journals which are distributed by subscription and additionally offer Open Access for individual articles.
Please proceed as follows:
- After your article has been accepted, you will receive an OA publishing licence form. Please confirm here that you wish to publish Open Access.
- You will then receive an e-mail with a link to pay the publication fee ("Article-processing charge, APC"). After clicking on the link under "Affiliation discount", select the Otto-Friedrich-University of Bamberg as your institution. Then the publication fee is not applicable.
Since the 01.01.2021 members of the University of Bamberg can publish Open Access in all journals of the publisher, free of charge. As "corresponding author" or "submitting author" you will receive information about your options for the open access publication model ("Hogrefe OpenMind") after your article was accepted. Please choose the CC-BY 4.0 licence. There will be no costs for you. The attribution to the University Bamberg is effected by your e-mail adress.
Please also keep in mind to enter your article into the research information system of the University Bamberg and to archive the full text there.
- For publication in Open Access journals, members of the University of Bamberg receive a 20% discount on the Article Processing Charges. The University Library checks whether the corresponding author is a member of the University of Bamberg and informs him/her whether the publication fees can be covered by the university's Open Access Fund.
- In numerous hybrid journals (complete list), members of the University of Bamberg can publish Open Access free of charge. The University Library verifies that the corresponding author belongs to the University of Bamberg. He/She is then contacted by the publisher and decides whether the article should be published in Open Access. If publication fees are incurred for hybrid journals, these cannot be covered by the Open Access Fund.
The Project DEAL read-and-publish agreement with Springer Nature includes read and access rights for the journals published by Springer Nature and free Open Access publishing both in the "green" Open Access journals and in hybrid journals. The costs for this are borne by the University Library.
- When submitting publications in Open Access journals, please indicate the Otto-Friedrich-University of Bamberg as your institution in the form. Your article will then be published Open Access. The publication fees are automatically paid by the University Library. This applies to all articles in OA-only journals which have been accepted by Springer from 01.08.2020 onwards.
- For hybrid journals, please indicate the Otto Friedrich University of Bamberg as your affiliation during the author identification process (this step takes place as soon as your article has been accepted for publication). Your article will then be published open access free of charge. This applies to all articles in subscription journals that have been accepted by Springer since 01.01.2020.
Due to Project DEAL, members of the University of Bamberg can publish open access articles free of charge in all Wiley journals (both Open Access journals and hybrid journals). The costs for this are borne by the University Library.
- When submitting publications in Open Access journals, please indicate the Otto-Friedrich-University of Bamberg as your institution in the form. Step-by-step guide for authors
- For articles in hybrid journals, select "Yes, I would like to make my article OnlineOpen" in the Wiley Author Dashboard and indicate the Otto-Friedrich-University of Bamberg as your institutional affiliation. Step-by-step guide for authors