- Largest faculty of the University of Bamberg, with approximately 5000 students.
- 41 chairs and professorships in the following subjects: Business Administration (12), Political Science (6), Sociology (12), Statistics and Econometrics (1), Economics (7), Business Education (3) Other (2)
- Interdisciplinary teaching and research with a clear profile building in the area of empirical and practical economic and social research.
- Successful international cooperation and exchanges with research institutes and universities around the world
- Intense national and regional cooperation in teaching and research (e.g. the Frauenhofer Society and the Institute for Labour Market and Occupational Research)
- Recognised international and interdisciplinary BA and MA degree programs, which are also aligned perfectly on the labor market: Business Administration, International Economy and European Economic Studies (EES), Political science, Sociology and other MA programs in Educational Research, Survey Statistics and Economic Education
- Excellent Doctoral Education in the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS)
Research and research institutions
- Lively interdisciplinary research culture in the areas of economic and political decisions, business organization, management, innovation, production and logistics, capital and financial markets, Europeanization and globalization, governance, government and political action, labour markets, education, demography, family, development auf statistical methods, social inequality and social theory
- Empirically oriented and applied working research facilities such as: Bamberg Economic Research Group (BERG), Bamberg Centre for Empirical Studies (BACES), European Forum for Migration Studies (efms), Research Transfer Agent for Education Management, Institute of Education Longitudinal Research (INBILl) with the National Educational Panel (NEPS), State Institute for Family Research (ifb)
The Faculty is located at Feldkirchenstraße 21