Changing Degree Programmes

If you are already enrolled at the University of Bamberg and would like to study Business Administration, International Business Administration, Finance & Accounting, or Economics and Business Education in the next semester and have earned credit for course work and examinations, completed internships, or completed courses or will do so in the ongoing semester in another degree programme, please submit a request for recognition(19.2 KB, 2 pages) (19.2 KB, 2 pages) to the Examining Board.

Requests for recognition must be made as soon as possible and immediately upon the start of your studies at the University of Bamberg.

The current versions of the request forms must be used (see above).


Recognition of credits

Credits earned for equivalent course work and examinations can be recognised in the bachelor's and master's programmes.


Request for recognition

You must request the recognition of credit as soon as you have received official confirmations of course work and examinations completed, internships, and courses completed (examination certificate, confirmed list of marks, Transcript of Records, etc.).

First, fill in the request for recognition(18.9 KB, 2 pages) (18.9 KB, 2 pages).

Present the form and copies of the official confirmations to the subject advisors from whom you are requesting the recognition of credit. This is not necessary if the examinations and course work concerned are also part of your new degree programme. The subject advisors will confirm in writing whether examination and course credit are recognised. Once you have received the confirmations of individual credits, please submit the request for recognition to the Examining Board together with the following documents:

  • Request for recognition
  • Confirmation of individual credits by the subject advisors (if necessary)
  • Copy of the official confirmations (original documents must be presented)

If you send your request by mail, the copies of the documents must be certified.

If you would like to change your degree programme in the summer semester, the request must be submitted by 31 March. If you would like to change your degree programme in the winter semester, the request must be submitted by 30 September.

You will receive an email informing you about the recognition of credits and the admission to the respective semester of study. Find more information here.

The official change must occur, at the latest, within the first week of the lecture period of the semester in which the degree programme is to be changed. The Academic Registrar's Office will provide further information.