Call for Papers - Third Behavioral Macroeconomics Workshop
Call for Papers
Third Behavioral Macroeconomics Workshop
Heterogeneity and Expectations in Macroeconomics and Finance
May 28-30 2020, Bamberg, Germany
Submission Deadline: Tuesday March 31, 2020
Call for Papers
Following the success of the past workshops, the Bamberg Research Group on Behavioral Macroeconomics and the Macroeconomic Policy Institute (IMK) are pleased to host the Third Behavioral Macroeconomics Workshop on the 28th – 30rd of May 2020. The workshop will again take place at the University of Bamberg, Germany.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers are:
Jasmina Arifovic (Simon Fraser University) and Cars Hommes (University of Amsterdam)
In this edition, we want to highlight new work on heterogeneity and expectations in macroeconomics and finance. We particularly encourage submissions in the following topics:
• Bounded rationality, learning, and heterogeneity in macroeconomic models
• Aggregate fluctuations, granularity, and networks
• Agent-based macroeconomic and financial models
• Laboratory experiments on macroeconomics and financial markets
• Housing markets and macroeconomic policy
• Systemic risk, financial stability, and macroprudential policies
• Macroeconomic consequences of inequality
• New modeling approaches to macroeconomic sustainability and climate change
• Non-linear dynamics in macroeconomics and macroeconometrics
• Big data and artificial intelligence in macroeconomics and finance
• Behavioral economics and finance
Presenting authors are expected to act as discussants of another paper in their session. Partial financial support for authors of accepted contributions is possible on an individual basis. Proposals for Invited Sessions are encouraged.
Please send your submissions (including a PDF file of the paper or of an extended abstract of about one page) to the email address vwl-awifo(at)uni-bamberg.de by Tuesday March 31, 2020 at the latest. If you are a graduate (M.Sc. or PhD) student, please also indicate if you would be interested in presenting your work in a poster session. Contributors will be notified by Thursday April 9, 2020.