The Double Degree Programme always begins in the winter terms. Students apply at the University of Bamberg. Admission to the Double Degree programme also implies admission to the “Research Master in Sociology and Demography” at UPF for the following year.
The general admission criteria are the same as the combined criteria of both underlying programmes. For the Double Degree Programme there are however additional specific admission criteria. Applicants have to:
- satisfy the admission criteria of the "M.A. Soziologie" at the University of Bamberg, i.e.
- hold a higher education degree with a minimum of 30 ECTS accumulated in Sociology (incl. 10 ECTS in Sociological Theory and 10 ECTS in Methods of Empirical Social Research)
- with a grade point average of at least 2.5 on the German grading scale or equivalent
- satisfy the admission criteria of the "Research Master in Sociology and Demography" at the University Pompeu Fabra Barcelona, i.e.
- hold a university degree in social sciences, law, humanities or health sciences equivalent to a minimum of 180 ECTS
- possess sufficient English language skills (level B2 of the Common European Framework)
- document A1-level German language skills (which can be obtained during the first year)
Students apply for the Double Degree Programme via the online application procedure for the regular "M.A. Soziologie" at the University of Bamberg:
A detailed description of the application process can be found here.
During the application process students can select whether they want to
- apply for the Double Degree Programme only or
- apply for both the Double Degree Programme and the regular single degree programmes at University of Bamberg and/or University Pompeu Fabra in case they won’t be admitted to the Double Degree Programme
The application deadline for the Double Degree Programme is July, 15th.
Applicants have to hand in the following documents:
- a certified copy of the upper secondary school certificate or higher education entrance qualification (in German or English)
- a certified copy of the Bachelor’s certificate (English translation), including a transcript of records
- a certified copy of a certificate documenting English language proficiency according to the B2-level of the common European framework (e.g. Abitur certificate)
- a curriculum vitae (in English)
- a 1-2-pages motivation letter (written in English) describing why one would like to take part in the Double Degree Programme
- a simple copy of the passport or identity card
Please note that the documents that are required for the application to the Programme depend on your nationality. Please also check the list of frequently asked questions for more information concerning the application, admissions, and enrollment process at the University of Bamberg.