Admissions to our master's degree programmes are not restricted to a specific number.
You must however complete an application.
Your Application Procedure
- Please carefully review all information concerning the application process, deadlines and required application documents before filling in the online application.
- Next fill in the online application form. A pdf document will automatically be generated following completion of this process.
- Print out and sign this pdf document (Antrag auf Zugang, or "application for admission"). Your application is not valid without it.
- Please attach all required application documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please check that your address is displayed correctly (at the upper right on the first page of the application).
- Send the application and all required documents to the address provided in the application form before the specified deadline.
- You may apply for admission to multiple master’s degree programmes. A separate application, including all necessary documentation, is required for each master's programme.
Please do not submit your applications in plastic folders/portfolios or the like, as these will not be returned.
Procedure Following Submission of Application
- The office of the academic registrar is in charge of formally reviewing foreign transcripts and converting the final marks to the German system. The appropriate examining board then determines the level of each applicant's aptitude.
- After the appropriate degree programme's examining board has reviewed your admissions qualifications, you will receive notification from the academic registrar by post.
- This letter of admission and the documents specified therein will allow you to enrol in your chosen master’s degree programme at the University of Bamberg. You will receive detailed information on enrolment as part of your admissions notification.
- In the event that you choose not to begin your studies or that your application is not accepted, you may arrange to have your documents returned by sending us a self-addressed, stamped (or including two international reply coupons) envelope and a written request.
Please note: this online process does notinclude a system for tracking the progress of your application. Due to the volume of applications that must be processed, we ask that you please understand that it is not possible for us to respond to enquiries concerning the current status of your application.