Application process for a Master's degree
You have to apply for all of our master's degrees. Please read the provided information carefully and consider our Frequently Asked Questions!
- You can find information on the websites of the Faculties.
- Find information on admission requirements in detail in the study and subject examination regulations of the masters' degrees (in German only, unfortunately).
- If you have specific questions regarding the structure of the master's degree, please contact the Degree Programme Advisor!
- For most of our masters' degrees you can apply until the enrolment deadline. However, please be aware that some masters' degrees have specific deadlines. Find more information here.
- To have enough time left for visa processing, we recommend sending applications to us until July, 15th (Jaunary 15th, for the summer semester).
This is how the application process works:
- It may take up to a week between the date of the delivery of your parcel (courier scan) and the delivery from the post office of the University of Bamberg to the registrar. You'll be notified automatically when your application is checked and scanned by us!
- Your application should be handed in with all the necessary documents.
- Please keep a copy of the PDF file of the online application form with you! it contains your user name and initial password for the information portal where you can access the result at the end of the application process.
- Please be aware, that you have read all the information about the language requirements at the University of Bamberg.
- Please make sure, your documents have the required certifcations.
- If your documents are not in English or French, we need a translation!
- After we received your application, we will check your application and forward it to the examination board. The wohle application process may take up to six weeks.
- The University of Bamberg has no cooperation with uni-assist. Conversion of your grade is done by the academic registrar. We use the bayerische Formel and adhere to the guidlines set by the Kultusministerkonferenz.