How do I apply?
Application Procedure for Exchange Studies
Students who wish to take part in an exchange programme at the University of Bamberg must first apply to the responsible persons (e.g. Study Abroad Office) at their home university. The selection of applicants for the programme is carried out by the home university. The home university nominates candidates who must then complete the University of Bamberg’s online application. Selected applicants will either receive the link to this application from their home university, or it will be sent via e-mail by the University of Bamberg.
The annual application deadline for winter semester studies is 15 May, and the deadline for summer semester studies is 1 December. All required forms, including a passport photo, must be received by the International Office prior to the deadlines per e-mail only.
After the International Office has reviewed your application materials, you will receive an official letter of admission as an e-mail attachment. This is an important document that you must print out and bring with you to Bamberg. The letter of admission is your provisional enrolment certificate. You need it to verify your status as a student in all official and university-related matters.
A. Important Information for International Students:
- Brochure in German and English: "Welcome! Information for International Students"(280.8 KB, 18 pages)
- Information Leaflet in German and English: "Special information for Exchange Students"(290.5 KB, 8 pages)
- Academic Calendar Winter Semester 2021/22(231.3 KB, 1 page)
- ECTS-Guide in English(1.2 MB, 100 pages) for Exchange Students (Department of Social Sciences, Economics and Business Administration, and Department of Information Systems and Applied Computer Sciences)
- WIAI-Module-Handbook(1.9 MB, 222 pages)(1.4 MB)for Exchange Students (Department of Information Systems and Applied Computer Sciences)
B. Course Lists:
- German for exchange students (168.7 KB, 6 pages)(last updated: 8th of October 2021)
- Courses taught in English Winter Semester 2021/22(308.9 KB, 25 pages) (last update: 8th of October 2021)
- Courses taught in English Summer Semester 2021(1.4 MB, 100 pages) (last update: 11th of March 2021)
- Courses taught in English Winter Semester 2020/2021(281.5 KB) (last update: 28th of September 2020)
Note: Please continue to check the course lists for more details as the upcoming semester approaches, or contact the teachers of the courses you are interested in for current information.