Before Leaving Bamberg

Departure Checklist

Here's a short list of the most important to-do's:

  • Hand over this document(148.5 KB) to the students' service centre during opening hours
  • Notify the Residents Registration Office of your departure
  • De-register from the TV & Radio tax via their website (only after having received confirmation of de-registration from the Residents Registration Office)
  • Cancel your health insurance: if you have taken out a German health insurance during your stay in Germany, you must contact your health insurance provider 2 weeks before your departure from Germany
  • Close your German bank account (if you opened one) after your last rental payment
  • Meet the caretaker of your hall of residence (or private accommodation) for a walk-through and to return keys
  • For students staying in Studentenwerk Würzburg halls of residence: Fill out this form for the return of your housing deposit and return it to the Studentenwerk Würzburg