Bachelor Seminar (WS 2008/2009)
- For a general course description please read the corresponding pages from the WIAI module guide.
- You find administrative information at UnivIS.
- Participants should sign up for the course in the virtual campus.
- This course is open to diploma students who did not select Cognitive Systems aus special topic.
Recommended Reading / Links
Basic text book:
D. Gentner, K.J. Holyoak, and B.K. Kokinov (2001). The Analogical Mind. Perspectives from Cognitive Science. MIT Press.
For each student, a chapter of this book constitutes his/her basic reading material. Specific further reading (typically one research paper) will be selected after consultation.
- Introduction to Analogy (Slides of the talk [pdf])
- Analogy via Abstraction
- Introduction to reading and presenting scientific papers, assignement of topics
- Seminar Talks
- Thomas Ganzer: Analogical Transfer in HCI [slides] [ paper]
- Michael Sieber: Computational Models of Analogy [slides] [paper]
- Thomas Hieber: Programming by Analogy [slides] [paper]
- Final Discussion