How to study abroad

During your Master's programme in political science you have the opportunity to study abroad, but it is not compulsory.

As part of our attractive double master's programmes, you complete one year in Bamberg and one year at one of our partner universities abroad - and thus receive two degrees in two years of standard study time.

The International Office will be happy to assist you in planning your stay at one of the more than 300 partner universities. You can find a current overview and the contact persons on the pages of the International Office Bamberg.

You can find more information about studying abroad on the website of the Faculty of Social Sciences.

>>> More information on the double master's programmes

Recognition of achievements from abroad

You can also complete one (or more) semesters abroad during a semester off. However, if you then receive credit for the semester abroad, you will be upgraded accordingly in the number of semesters.

You can have accomplishments of up to 30 ECTS credits (max. 16 ECTS credits for the Computational Social Science specialisation) from a study abroad credited to the extension area without any problems. It is also possible to receive credit for specific modules. Details on the credit transfer process and the concrete possibilities can be found at recognition (Case 3).


Continue to "Part-time study"