MA English and American Studies
Important information on the MA English and American Studies at one glance
- no German skills required
- English language test required (TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge Certificate)
- no tuition fees at the University of Bamberg
- 4 semester full-time study
- no scholarship on offer
Check further down for the application procedure
Check the synopsis(99.8 KB) for an overview of the programme
Please try to find answers to your questions on the website first before e-mailing the coordinators. Thank you.
The "MA English and American Studies" is an exclusively English-taught, two-year MA programme focussing on the three core areas of literature, linguistics and cultural studies.
Between 2008 and 2013, the "MA Anglistik/Amerikanistik" and the "European Joint Master's Degree" had been separate programmes. The precursor of the "MA English and American Studies" is the "MA Anglistik/Amerikanistik," which had been offered until the summer term 2013. For information on it click here.
Information on the "MA English and American Studies":
- Studien- und Prüfungsordnung "MA English and American Studies"
- Study regulations in English(205.9 KB)
- Synopsis: course of studies, overview of modules(99.8 KB)
- Module Handbook
- Internship application form(496.5 KB)
- Flyer(1.2 MB)
- Consolidation module form literature (63.2 KB)/ Consolidation module form culture(68.4 KB) / Consolidation module form linguistics(103.9 KB)
Information on "English and American Studies" in the "Erweiterungsbereich" of other MA programmes:
"English and American Studies" can be taken by MA students at the University of Bamberg in the "Erweiterungsbereich" of other MA programmes. For more information click here.