Leave of absence due to a study abroad program

Please note that this is only a translation of the most important information of the German text of the "Leave of absence due to a mandatory internship"- only the full German version is legally binding.


A leave of absence due to a study abroad program can only be granted, if students provide proof of registration and enrollment at a university abroad.

Please submit the following documents:

  • Leave of absence request form(304.2 KB)
  • If your study abroad program has been organized through the International Office of the University of Bamberg, a confirmation issued by the International Office is sufficient!
  • Otherwise of a study abroad program: the original registration certificate issued by the university abroad and a German translation, if applicable

You may submit your request for a leave of absence either in person, in writing to the Registrar´s office or via E-Mail. Please note the deadlines.