The University of Bamberg’s Family Services Office (ESB) is the central contact point and resource centre for students and staff with family responsibilities.
The ESB is managed by Christine Reinhardt who is also the head of the Office of the Academic Registrar, and the two offices therefore share one location. She is supported by Sabina Haselbek and Gesine Ellwart, two members of the "Family-friendly University Audit" task force.
The office employs a wide variety of resources and support offerings to ensure the greatest possible compatibility of family and studies/careers for all university members with children or other family members requiring care.
The ESB’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Advisory services for all university members who have or are expecting children
- Advisory services for all university members who provide care for family members
- Tips and assistance in matters of balancing a family life and academic studies or careers
- Support in dealing with public authorities
- Support in finding individual childcare solutions
- Close cooperation with the “Family-friendly University Audit” task force
- Networking activities
- Publishing informational materials on working/studying while raising a family
Kapuzinerstraße 25 (rear building)
Or contact via email at:
Mon. to Fri. from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or by appointment