Bamberg University’s Diversity Award strives to make current diversity-related activities more visible, while encouraging new projects. The award is sponsored by the local company Ofa Bamberg GmbH and is endowed with €1000.00. It is presented annually during the university’s Dies academicus event to honor outstanding achievements in research, teaching, and university life.
Annual Call for Nominations
The Diversity Award is aimed at exceptionally committed members of Bamberg University – including students as well as academic and administrative staff – and can be awarded to one individual or group, or divided among several ones, depending on the overall strengths of the applications. The Diversity Award honors achievements in research, teaching, and university life that address diverse social realities and related issues in an informed and innovative way, and thus contribute to a more open and non-discriminatory university and society. The annual call for nominations is announced in the spring.
The Following Projects Are Eligible
- Research papers and theses – outstanding academic publications and qualification papers as well as theses (BA, MA, and admission papers with a grade of at least 2.0) with a central emphasis on diversity and related aspects (migration, inclusion, participation, social inequality, antisemitism, [anti-] racism and sexism, etc.)
- Teaching – courses that focus on diversity-related content, concepts, or formats and thus facilitate an academically substantiated examination of diversity, convey theoretical or practical approaches to respectfully addressing heterogeneity, or particularly promote inclusion
- University life – activities organized by university members that are firmly committed to a cosmopolitan, non-violent atmosphere at the university or beyond, develop or implement new problem-solving approaches to diversity, fight prejudice, discrimination, and racism, or actively support persons affected by unequal treatment
The project may fall into more than one of these categories (research, teaching, and university life), depending on its scope.
Application and Selection Process
All university members are eligible to apply or be nominated. After the call for applications has been issued, self-applications and nominations (with the consent of the nominee) can be submitted electronically until 30 June of that year. The application materials may be submitted in German or English. Please include the following in a single PDF file:
- Outline of the project, dating back no more than two years, and well-founded proposal (two pages maximum)
- Short curriculum vitae (in tabular form)
- Additionally for teaching: course syllabus, sample evaluations, etc.
- Additionally for research: a copy of the academic paper, a summary or abstract by the author, and all available expert evaluations
- Additionally for university life: materials that document and evaluate the project
A jury comprising representatives from the professors and students, academic and administrative staff of Bamberg University selects the recipient. The jury will consider all submitted nominations and applications.
This PDF file(149.4 KB) contains the current call for nominations; the application period for 2023 ends 30 June 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact the .
The Diversity Award is made possible by the generous support of Ofa Bamberg GmbH.