Phone: 0951 863-2631
Consultation hours: by appointment
- Data-driven transformations for small-area models under limited data access
- Small area estimation under limited data access in combination with random forests
- Arcus-sine transformed Fay-Herriot models for estimating unemployment rates
- Construction of regional consumer price indices using small area methods
Nora Würz has been working at the Chair of Statistics and Econometrics since 2022, where she is responsible for teaching and research. Previously, she worked for 5 years as a research assistant at the statistical consulting unit fu:stat at the Chair of Applied Statistics at Freie Universität Berlin as administrative manager. She completed her Bachelor's degree in Integrated Life Sciences at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg in 2015 and graduated with a Master's degree in Statistics in the Joint Masters Programme of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin and Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin in 2017. Nora Würz already worked with the statistical consulting unit fu:stat during her Master's degree. Her Master's thesis was awarded the Gerhard Fürst Prize of the Federal Statistical Office. From 2017 to 2022, Nora Würz completed her PhD at the Chair of Applied Statistics at Freie Universität Berlin and was granted funding by the German National Academic Foundation.
- Estimating regional unemployment with mobile network data for Functional Urban Areas in Germany, with Hadam, S., Kreutzmann, A. and Schmid, T., Statistical Methods & Applications, 2023.
- Estimating regional income indicators under transformations and access to limited population auxiliary information, with Schmid, T. and Tzavidis, N., Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, 2023, forthcoming.
- Experimental UK regional consumer price inflation with model-based expenditure weights, with Dawber, J., Flower, T., Smith, P., Thomas, H., Schmid, T. and Tzavidis, N., Journal of Official Statistics, 2022, 38, pp. 213-23.
- The R package saeTrafo for estimating unit-level small area models under transformations, R package vignette, 2022.
- Modellbasierte Schätzung von regionalen Warenkörben für das Vereinigte Königreich, 2019, Master Thesis, WISTA – Wirtschaft und Statistik