On this page you will find general information about the training courses offered by BACES. If this does not answer your questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Will I receive a confirmation of participation in a training course?
- Yes, you will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the training.
- If you need a certificate of attendance in English, please let us know before the course starts.
- Unfortunately, a downloadable certificate of attendance is not available. After the course has been successfully completed, a confirmation will be handed over in person.
I am interested in one or more training courses. How do I register?
You can register online via a link on the page of the respective training. At the latest one week after receipt of the registration, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with further information.
Should I bring my laptop to the training?
- The training programmes are designed so that participants do not need a laptop. Except for the theory training, all courses are held interactively in a PC pool.
- You will need a login to use the PCs.
- Participants who do not have an account at the University of Bamberg will receive a temporary account at the beginning of the training.
- For legal reasons, we are obliged to verify your identity by means of an official document (identity card, driving licence, passport) when issuing the account.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to work on a laptop that you have brought with you.
When do the trainings take place?
There are 2 training periods: August and March. The exact training dates are published approx. 3 months in advance.
What happens if the training is already fully booked?
- We set up waiting lists for fully booked courses.
- As soon as we receive cancellations, we contact the next persons on the waiting list to enable you to move up to the event.
- If there are no more places available, we will inform you by e-mail as soon as the course programme for the next six months has been published.
What can I do if I am interested in a software licence?
BACES only offers consulting services in addition to training. If you are interested in purchasing a software licence for SPSS, SAS, STATA or EViews, we are unfortunately unable to help you directly.
What happens if a training course I have booked is cancelled?
- If a training course cannot take place due to sudden illness of the lecturer or force majeure, BACES will offer the registered participants an alternative date at short notice. If individual participants are unable to attend the course, they can register for the course in the coming semester.
- Participation fees that have already been paid will of course be refunded.
- Reimbursement, e.g. of travel/accommodation costs or other expenses in connection with booking the training, is unfortunately not possible.
What happens if I cannot attend the entire training?
- In this case, you will receive a confirmation of participation with the part of the training that you have taken.
- You will receive the documents for the entire training from us at the beginning of each training.
Who can participate in a BACES training?
- The training courses are open to students and staff of all universities, as well as scientific institutions and companies.
- Students pay a reduced price - this discount is not limited to students of the Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg.
- For companies or other institutions, BACES also offers training courses adapted to their specific needs.
- For successful registration, we require a fully completed form, which can be accessed via a link on the page of the respective training.
How much are the course fees?
- The prices for the courses are shown on the respective information pages.
- Payment is always made by bank transfer.
- You will receive more information on this in the confirmation email of your registration. Please make sure that you state the correct purpose of payment.
- We would also like to ask you to present a bank transfer voucher on the course date. Some courses are paid for in cash. Payment is made on the first day of the course. In both cases you will receive an invoice for the amount paid. If you want the invoice to include a billing address in addition to your name, please indicate this on the registration form. Due to the high administrative costs involved, internal university billing is not offered. We ask university members whose participation fee is to be covered by a chair to first pay the course fee by bank transfer or in cash and then submit the invoice to the chair for reimbursement of expenses.
How can I cancel my booking? How much are the cancellation fees?
- For cancellations up to seven days before the start of the training, BACES charges a cancellation fee of 30% of the invoice amount.
- In case of cancellation less than seven days before the start of the training, the participation fee will not be refunded.
- Cancellation can be made by post, fax or e-mail. After receipt of the cancellation, you will receive a confirmation.
Where can I find the training material?
- You will receive the training material from us at the beginning of each training.
- You do not need to bring a USB stick. Everything is downloaded on site.
At what times do the trainings take place?
- The courses take place between 9 am and 5 pm (s.t.) and are interrupted by several breaks.
- The exact break times will be given to you by the lecturer. One hour is planned for the lunch break. There will be additional breaks of approx. 20-30 minutes in the morning and afternoon.