Admission and Enrolment
Applicants must have a university degree in the field of archaeology or an equivalent and comparable qualification with a final mark of 2.5 or better for admission to the master’s degree programme in Medieval and Post-Medieval Archaeology. Alternatively, proof may be provided in the form of a certificate from the higher education institution at which the qualification was obtained stating that the applicant was one of the 30 best out of the top hundred in their graduating class.
Good foreign language skills, particularly in English (B2), are another requirement for being able to complete this programme successfully.
- You enjoy being outside in all weather
- You enjoy reading a lot and writing your own academic texts
- You have an eye for detail but can also look at the big picture
- You have a steady hand and enough strength to handle heavy tools
- You can keep cool in order to draw the right academic conclusions even amidst all the excitement of searching and making discoveries
The master’s degree programme does not limit admissions, but please note that you have to apply in advance. This is done via an online application process. It is possible to apply for this programme at any time prior to the enrolment deadline for the corresponding semester. You can find up-to-date information on when these deadlines are on the university’s central information pages on studying.