Application Postodoctoral Membership▼
The Bamberg Graduate School welcomes applications from postdoctoral researchers fulfilling the following criteria:
- hold a doctorate degree in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Education, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics and Demography. Qualified postdoctoral researchers of related subjects with a strong Social Science background are also encouraged to apply.
- are employed by the University of Bamberg or another research institute located in Bamberg such as the Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories.
- work on research projects that fit with at least one of our School's four Pillars. Projects cutting across two (or more) Pillars are equally welcomed. We also may take into account projects that do not exactly fit to our Pillar profiles, but are very closely related.
- have an excellent command of English.
Applications for postdoctoral memberships are accepted throughout the year.
In order to be considered for a postdoctoral membership, you have to hand in your application documents with the following order saved as one single pdf (SURNAME.pdf):
- A cover letter, including:
- a proposed start and end date for your membership (max. 3 years)
- a statement of how your research fits into the research profile of BAGSS
- one mentor from the faculty of BAGSS
- a list with your forthcoming or planned publications
- suggestions for potential projects to be carried out with other doctoral, postdoctoral or faculty member of BAGSS (research projects, publications etc.)
- suggestions for your contribution to the work of BAGSS (mentoring of doctoral members, workshops etc.)
- Your CV (including full contact information (chair, institute) and a full list of publications).
- A copy or scan of your academic degree certificate(s), including proof of completion of your doctoral studies or proof of successful defence of the doctoral thesis. Please provide an English translation if these documents have not been issued in English or German.
Please, do not submit any documents other than those requested. Application materials can be submitted in English or German.
Please, send your application documents saved as one single pdf (SURNAME.pdf) to admissions.bagss(at)uni-bamberg.de.
In your e-mail, please adopt the following subject line: "Application as postdoctoral member".
- The Graduate School's Executive Committee will review your application as soon as possible.
- In case the Executive Committee approves your application, you will be admitted to the Graduate School for three years. Afterwards, you may apply for an extension of your membership.
In addition to working on their postdoctoral research project, the candidate is welcome to participate in the programme of the Graduate School, e.g. participate in lectures, workshops and networking events, and apply for funding for the organisation of such events.
Additionally, the candidate is expected to partake in the mentoring programme, actively integrate into the community of the Graduate School, hold lectures and presentations, and contribute to the organisation of guest lectures, workshops, or seminars.