Psychological Counseling and Consultation Services
Offers in Bamberg
- The Evangelical Student Community ESG and the Catholic Student Community KHG of the University of Bamberg are planning to offer university discussion groups for Ukrainian refugees and helpers from the start of lectures.
Under the topic "And suddenly there is war...", there will be the opportunity to share our thoughts and feelings with others.
- The "Psychotherapeutische Beratungsstelle" (Psychotherapeutic Counseling Center) of the Studentenwerk Würzburg also offers counseling in English. You can contact them via e-mail (pbs-bamberg(at)studentenwerk-wuerzburg.de) or call them directly during their office hours (Tel. 0931/8005-820, Tuesdays from 11-12 and Thursdays from 14-15). General information about the Psychotherapeutic Counseling Center, in German, can be found on this website.
Offers outside of Bamberg
- The nationwide "Krisenchat" (Crisis Chat) – with a leadership team consisting of professionals from the field of psychology that oversees trained volunteers – has set up a platform with Ukrainian and Russian-speaking counselors who offer psychosocial counseling for war refugees. People up to 25 years of age who are experiencing an acute crisis can register at https://krisenchat.de/ and will be directed to the appropriate website.
- Ingolstadt Hospital has set up a mental health hotline for Ukrainian refugees (psychological telephone counseling in Russian and German): www.br.de/nachrichten/bayern/erste-psychologische-telefon-hotline-fuer-kriegsfluechtlinge
- The German Aidshilfe runs a website for queer refugees that makes it possible to search for and sort support and counseling services by zip code: www.queerrefugeeswelcome.de
- The BAfF (the German Association of Psychosocial Centers for Refugees and Victims of Torture, e.V.) has drop-in centers in Munich and Nuremberg that offer initial psychological support for refugees: www.baff-zentren.org/hilfe-vor-ort/psychosoziale-zentren/