Intensive German Courses
At the University of Bamberg:
The University of Bamberg offers intensive German courses for refugee Ukrainian students during the winter semester 2023/24.
Course duration: 24 October 2023 - 9 February 2024.
Regular course attendance of at least 80% required. All courses take place in presence form at the University of Bamberg. (There are no online classes).
The courses are offered for the following language levels:
A placement test takes place before the course starts. Enrolment at the University of Bamberg is required for course participation. You can find out how refugee Ukrainian students can enroll at the University of Bamberg here.
Material for Self-Study
- For self-study, check https://ukrainischlernen.blogspot.com. This website, provided by the Slavic Studies Department of the University of Göttingen, lists links to completely free Ukrainian "German as a Foreign Language" textbooks from 1st through 11th grade, including audio material (e.g. UKRAINISCHE SCHULBÜCHER FÜR DEUTSCH ALS FREMDSPRACHE / НІМЕЦЬКА ЯК ІНОЗЕМНА МОВА; Lehrbücher für das Fach Deutsch als Fremdsprache / Підручники з предмета Німецька мова як іноземна).
- On the website of the Language Center you can find a collection of general software for learning German.
Free Support Services offered by DAAD for Prospective and Current Ukrainian Students
- Free of charge participation in the self-study test onSET
- Free of charge booking of an online self-study course via the learning platform Deutsch-Uni Online
- Free of charge participation in the TestDaF language test recognized at all German universities
- Free of charge participation in the study aptitude test TestAS, which is recognized at many universities
Information on registration and free booking: https://www.daad-ukraine.org/de/studieren-in-deutschland/digitaler-campus/
If you use the onSET to assess your German language skills, you will receive a free German course from Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO) for the next higher language level with your registration.