Prof. Dr. Daniel Beimborn
Daniel Beimborn holds the chair of Information Systems Management, since October 2018. Prior to this, he was Professor of Business Information Systems at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management since 2014. Prof. Dr. Beimborn and Prof. Dr. Moormann head the ProcessLab, which focuses on research topics related to process management in financial service providers.
He studied and received his doctorate at the Goethe University in Frankfurt, before he worked as a post-doc and post-doctoral researcher at the Otto-Friedrich-University Bamberg from 2007-2013. He was a visiting researcher at Microsoft in Redmond (2004), at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge (2006 and 2007), at Georgia State University in Atlanta (2010-2011) and at MIT (2018).
His current research activities include the management of outsourcing and nearshoring relationships, digital innovation & transformation, IT governance and business/IT alignment, standardization of business processes, BPO and shared services in the financial industry, and the importance of IT to support innovation processes. He has published numerous articles in relevant IS journals (MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of IT, etc.) and is a member of the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of the AIS [senior editor of DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems] and associate editor of the Journal Business & Information Systems Engineering.
Prof. Beimborn teaches various modules in the context of business informatics, IT management and digital management in the Bachelor and Master programs of the faculty WIAI. He is also lecturer of trust at the Bavarian Elite Academy.
- ACM – Special Interest Group Management Information Systems
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft (VHB)
- Wissenschaftliche Kommission Wirtschaftsinformatik (WKWI)
- Seeher, Beimborn, Holotiuk; How to Evaluate the Performance of the Chief Digital Officer - A Delphi Study on KPIs for CDOs. Proceedings of the 28th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), A Virtual AIS Conference, 2020.
- Holotiuk, Beimborn: Temporal Ambidexterity: How Digital Innovation Labs Connect Exploration and Exploitation for Digital Innovation. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Munich, 2019.
- Jentsch, Beimborn, Reitz: Templates for Joined Work Systems - How Business Process Modularity and IT Flexibility Enable Mutual Understanding among Business and IT. Proceedings of the 38th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Seoul, 2017.
- Kettenbohrer, Beimborn, Leyer: Examining the Impact of Business Process Management System Use on Employees' Process Orientation. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Dublin, 2016.
- Schlosser, Beimborn, Weitzel, Wagner: Achieving Social Alignment between Business and IT – An Empirical Evaluation of the Efficacy of IT Governance Mechanisms. Journal of Information Technology, 30 (2), 2015, pp. 119-135.
- Zolper, Beimborn, Weitzel: The Effect of Social Network Structures at the Business/IT Interface on IT Application Change Effectiveness. Journal of Information Technology, 29 (4), 2014, pp. 148-169.
- Wagner, Beimborn, Weitzel: How Social Capital among IT and Business Units Drives Operational Alignment and IT Business Value. Journal of Management Information Systems, 31 (1), 2014, pp. 241-271.
- Joachim, Beimborn, Weitzel: The Influence of SOA Governance Mechanisms on IT Flexibility and Service Reuse. Journal of Strategic Info. Systems, 22 (1), 2013, pp. 86-101.
- Zolper, Beimborn, Weitzel: Why the Rivers Leaves its Bed - Analyzing Deviations between Planned and Actual Interaction Structures in IT Change Management Processes. Journal of Information Technology, 28 (4), 2013, pp. 333-353.
- Beimborn: How Stable are Cooperative Sourcing Coalitions? Game Theoretical Analysis and Experiment Game Theoretical Analysis and Experiment. Electronic Markets, 24 (1), 2013, pp. 19-36.
- von Stetten, Beimborn, Weitzel: Analyzing and Managing the Impact of Cultural Behavior Patterns on Social Capital in Multinational IT Project Teams – A Case Study Approach. Business Information Systems Engineering (BISE), 4 (3), 2012, pp. 137-151.
- Beimborn, Blumenberg, König, Martin, Moos, Schlosser, Weitzel: Erfolgreiche Gestaltung partnerschaftlicher Outsourcingbeziehungen: Relationale Faktoren im Outsourcingmanagement der 1.000 größten Banken in Deutschland. Books on Demand, Norderstedt 2009.
- Blumenberg, Wagner, Beimborn: Knowledge Transfer Processes in IT Outsourcing Relationships and their Impact on Shared Knowledge and Outsourcing Performance. International Journal of Information Management, 29 (5), 2009, pp. 342-352.
- Wüllenweber, Beimborn, Weitzel, König: The Impact of Process Standardization on BPO Success. Information Systems Frontiers, 10 (2) 2008, pp. 211-224.
- Beimborn, Martin, Franke: Value Chain Crossing: Insights and Opportunities for Future Research. International Journal of Electronic Business, 6 (1) 2008, pp. 93-109.
- Weitzel, Beimborn, König: A Unified Economic Model of Standard Diffusion: The Impact of Standardization Cost, Network Effects and Network Topology. MIS Quarterly, 30 (Special Issue) 2006, pp. 489-514.