Master of Pedagogy and Education Science
The programme is taught in German. For enrolment and successful studies, you need knowledge of German at least at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) . If you have any questions concerning your intended Master study programme, the webpage of the Student Advisory Service is available to you.
Please clarify the entry and residence regulations that apply to your nationality in advance with the authorities in charge (e.g. German embassies or consulates).
|Short profile of the study program|
|Final examination||Master's examination (during studies)|
|Academic degree||Master of Arts (M.A.)|
|Standard period of study||4 semesters, 6 semesters max|
|Start of study||winter and summer semester|
|Form of study||Full or part time possible|
|Internships||Two internships (6 weeks minimum)|
|Admission and enrollment||Application required|
Structure of this Masters´s degree
In addition to the compulsory study of the module group Pedagogy, the Master's program in Pedagogy and Education Science can be completed by choosing a major from the three areas of
- Elementary and family education,
- Adult education/continuing education or
- Social pedagogy.
The general research and professional qualification competences and the internships with supervision guarantee a continuous professional orientation.
The entire orientation of the Master's program in Pedagogy and Education Science has a strong research focus. At the same time it enables students to examine and to design professionally teaching and learning, education and training arrangements as well as counseling processes from a systematic perspective.
The concept of the Master's program thus aims at an academic degree that enables students to do independent scientific or science-based work in education and social work.
Your Career Prospects
With the academic degree "Master of Arts" in Pedagogy and Education science, a professional activity can be taken up in the entire spectrum of the educational system.
Thus, tasks arise for educators with a Master's degree in very diverse, predominantly extracurricular fields of work, such as preschool, childcare/family, social services, rehabilitation and adult education or continuing vocational education.
With the appropriate qualification, research tasks can also be taken on in these fields.
- Research and teaching in the university sector
- Development and teaching in non-university institutions (project-related activities, evaluation, quality assurance, consulting in and management of planning and development processes, practical guidance and development, etc.)
- Further education and training in pedagogical institutions and organizations (concept development and implementation of courses, quality control management, project management of internal planning and development processes, evaluation of events, human resources management, etc.)
- Planning and development work in pedagogically relevant fields of the public administration at state and municipal level (moderation and planning tasks, specialized tasks such as occupational safety, health reporting, human resources and quality management, etc.).
Studying in Bamberg
With its approximately 79,000 inhabitants, Bamberg will make it easy for you to settle in and get acquainted the city. Bamberg's old city was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register in 1993.