BAGSS offers two types of memberships for students wishing to pursue doctoral studies:
- Regular doctoral students are full-time researchers funded either through BAGSS and the Excellence Initiative or by an external institution (e.g., other bodies funding doctoral studies based on academic excellence). Applicants, who have not been granted financial support from an external source, will automatically take part in the competition for funded positions and/or fellowships offered by BAGSS (see also our section on Financial Support).
- Upcoming application periods for a regular membership are:
- For summer term 2014: August 14, 2013 - October 30, 2013
- For winter term 2014/15: December 16, 2013 - March 31, 2014
- Prospective associate doctoral students are usually enrolled as doctoral candidates at the University of Bamberg. They may, for example, be employed as lecturers or researchers, work on their dissertation part-time and do not receive funding from BAGSS.
In addition, outstanding graduates from an appropriate BA at the University of Bamberg can apply for fast-track access. The fast-track option allows early admission to the School, with formal access depending on the completion of a suitable Master's degree at the University of Bamberg. For further information on the fast-track option, please contact us directly.
The instructions on this page will guide you through the application process for regular and associate memberships:
Please read the instructions carefully as only complete applications will be considered. For any remaining questions, please have a look at the FAQ or feel free to contact us.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!