The project NANOCATHEDRAL aims at developing, with a nano-metric scale approach, new materials, technologies and procedures for the conservation of deteriorated stones in monumental buildings and cathedrals and high value contemporary architecture, with a particular emphasis on the preservation of the originality and specificity of materials.
The objective is providing “key tools” for restoration
• On representative lithotypes
• On European representative climatic areas
• With a time-scale/environmental approach
• With technology validated in relevant environment (industrial
plant and monuments)
• Exploiting results on modern stone made buildings
Alexandra Schmölder, M.A.
Am Zwinger 4