Internationalisation of Teacher Education - Bamberg Teacher Education for a Global World (BaTEG)
The Bamberg Centre for Teacher Education (ZLB) has been participating in the German Academic Exchange Service’s (DAAD) programme for the internationalisation of teacher training (‘Lehramt.International’) since August 2019. Within this framework, BaTEG is one of at first 19, now 38 model projects in Germany, funded by the DAAD from 2019 to 2022 and aiming at internationalising teacher education, especially but not only by increasing student mobility.
More specifically, the aims of the BaTEG project are
- to increase networking with teacher training/teacher education institutions abroad
- to create opportunities for students to increase their intercultural competences as well as for teaching staff to share their intercultural expertise and thus facilitate ‘internationalisation from home’
- to improve student counselling with regard to international topics and enhance visibility of counselling options
- to increase the international mobility of teacher training students to 20% of all outgoing students.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the BaTEG project has had a special focus on opportunities for internationalisation at home. Since spring 2019, BaTEG has
- offered several cultural coachings for students online
- offered coachings with an international/intercultural focus for staff
- interviewed teachers from all over the world about their experiences during the pandemic
- offered a seminar day on school systems worldwide
- given teaching staff the opportunity to invite international guest lecturers to their (online) seminars
- offered a joint lecture series on education in international contexts with the University of Cologne (TeaTime Thursday)
- organised research meet-ups to foster international collaboration with colleagues from Deakin University, Australia
- been involved in the organisation of the young reserachers’ networking day of the Universities of Bamberg and Augsburg
- been organising an international summer school and a networking event with all partner universities in 2021 (to take place in September 2021)
For more information on the BaTEG project, please consult the menu on the left.
For more information on the German Academic Exchange Service’s Lehramt.International project, please consult the DAAD´s ‘Internationalisation of Teacher Training‘ website.