Prof. Dr. Daniel Beimborn
Daniel Beimborn is a full professor for Information Systems Management at the University of Bamberg, Germany. Before, he was professor of Information Systems at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. From 2007 to 2013, he served as assistant professor at the Department for Information Systems and Services at the University of Bamberg (Germany). Daniel graduated in Business Administration at Goethe University, Frankfurt, where he also received his PhD. He has been member of the PhD program “Enabling Technologies for Electronic Commerce” of the German National Science Foundation (DFG) and he is author of more than 70 reviewed articles (in MIS Quarterly, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Journal of IT, International Journal of Information Management, Information Systems Frontiers, Business Information Systems & Engineering (BISE) etc.) and conference papers as well as six books on outsourcing and process optimization of banking processes, cooperative sourcing, outsourcing relationship management, standardization, IT governance, and IT business alignment.
His current research activities cover success factors of digital innovation & transformation, management of outsourcing and nearshoring relationships, business process standardization governance, social aspects of business/IT alignment and the shared understanding among business and IT. He teaches undergraduate and graduate courses on digital innovation & transformation, outsourcing management, and strategic IT management.
Specialties: Research in the fields of digital transformation & innovation, outsourcing management, IT/business alignment, IT and process standardization, enterprise architecture management.
- ACM – Special Interest Group Management Information Systems
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft (VHB)
- Wissenschaftliche Kommission Wirtschaftsinformatik (WKWI)
- Schlosser, Beimborn, Weitzel, Wagner: Achieving Social Alignment between Business and IT – An Empirical Evaluation of the Efficacy of IT Governance Mechanisms. Journal of Information Technology, 30 (2), 2015, pp. 119-135.
- Moos, Wagner, Beimborn, Weitzel: The Contagious Power of Innovativeness: How Different Corporate Partners Contribute to a Firm’s Knowledge. International Journal of Innovation Management, 19 (4), 2015.
- Zolper, Beimborn, Weitzel: The Effect of Social Network Structures at the Business/IT Interface on IT Application Change Effectiveness. Journal of Information Technology, 29 (4), 2014, pp. 148-169.
- Wagner, Beimborn, Weitzel: How Social Capital among IT and Business Units Drives Operational Alignment and IT Business Value. Journal of Management Information Systems, 31 (1), 2014, pp. 241-271.
- Joachim, Beimborn, Weitzel: The Influence of SOA Governance Mechanisms on IT Flexibility and Service Reuse. Journal of Strategic Info. Systems, 22 (1), 2013, pp. 86-101.
- Zolper, Beimborn, Weitzel: Why the Rivers Leaves its Bed - Analyzing Deviations between Planned and Actual Interaction Structures in IT Change Management Processes. Journal of Information Technology, 28 (4), 2013, pp. 333-353.
- Beimborn: How Stable are Cooperative Sourcing Coalitions? Game Theoretical Analysis and Experiment Game Theoretical Analysis and Experiment. Electronic Markets, 24 (1), 2013, pp. 19-36.
- von Stetten, Beimborn, Weitzel: Analyzing and Managing the Impact of Cultural Behavior Patterns on Social Capital in Multinational IT Project Teams – A Case Study Approach. Business Information Systems Engineering (BISE), 4 (3), 2012, pp. 137-151.
- Beimborn, Blumenberg, König, Martin, Moos, Schlosser, Weitzel: Erfolgreiche Gestaltung partnerschaftlicher Outsourcingbeziehungen: Relationale Faktoren im Outsourcingmanagement der 1.000 größten Banken in Deutschland. Books on Demand, Norderstedt 2009.
- Blumenberg, Wagner, Beimborn: Knowledge Transfer Processes in IT Outsourcing Relationships and their Impact on Shared Knowledge and Outsourcing Performance. International Journal of Information Management, 29 (5), 2009, pp. 342-352.
- Beck, Beimborn, Weitzel, König: Network Effects as Drivers of Individual Technology Adoption: Analyzing Adoption and Diffusion of Mobile Communication Services. Information Systems Frontiers, 10 (4), 2008, pp. 415-429.
- Beimborn: Cooperative Sourcing - Simulation Studies and Empirical Data on Outsourcing Coalitions in the Banking Industry.Gabler, Wiesbaden 2008.
- Wüllenweber, Beimborn, Weitzel, König: The Impact of Process Standardization on BPO Success.Information Systems Frontiers, 10 (2) 2008, pp. 211-224.
- Beimborn, Martin, Franke: Value Chain Crossing: Insights and Opportunities for Future Research.International Journal of Electronic Business, 6 (1) 2008, pp. 93-109.
- Weitzel, Beimborn, König: A Unified Economic Model of Standard Diffusion: The Impact of Standardization Cost, Network Effects and Network Topology.MIS Quarterly, 30 (Special Issue) 2006, pp. 489-514.
- Beimborn, Hoppen: A Simulative Approach to Determining the Economic Efficiency of Software Patents, WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, 46 (1) 2004, pp. 50-60.
- Weitzel, Beimborn, König: Coordination in Networks: an Economic Equilibrium Analysis, Information Systems and E-Business Management, 1 (2), 2003, pp. 189-211.