Reference and knowledge management using Citavi
Citavi is a Windows-based programme for managing references and organising knowledge.
Bamberg University offers its students, lecturers, and staff a free team version of Citavi under a site licence agreement. This licence also includes the operating system-independent Citavi Web.
What you can do with Citavi...
- Searching for literature: Search the Online Catalogue and "your" subject-specific databases at the same time. Often, a table of content or an abstract are displayed so that you can double-check whether or not you really need a text.
- Importing references: You can copy references from the Online Catalogue, Google Scholar, and numerous subject-specific databases into Citavi with just one click.
- Linking PDF files with references: Keep your texts organised on your harddrive
- Planning your tasks: What do you still need to read, scan, request via interlibrary loan? Which books do you want to check out when you visit the library next? If a book is available at the Bamberg University, its reference is automatically included into Citavi while you are doing your research.
- Understanding and interpreting texts that you have read by using abstracts, citations, your own thoughts and ideas, notes, keywords and comments
- Creating an outline for your papers and using it in Word as a template or style sheet
- Copying quotes and captions into your papers. References are automatically added to your reference list.
- Inserting reference lists automatically while writing a paper: Simply copy references into your text with a double-click. Your reference list will be updated automatically.
- Changing your citation style: Adjust your reference list with just a few clicks to match the requirements of your faculty.