Your Library Account
In your library account, you will find
- a history of all your borrowed items, including loan periods,
- items requested through interlibrary loan and interlibrary loan copies,
- requests and hold requests,
- overdue items.
- renew the loan periods of your borrowed items,
- manage hold requests,
- customise your search preferences for the Online Catalogue (go to Search Preferences), and
- and change your address or password (see User Details).
You may renew the loan period of most items and interlibrary resources twice. However, the earliest you can request a renewal is six days before the end of your loan period.
Normally, you can request items that are currently in circulation. Please click on "Get document..." at the bottom of your screen...
...then click on "Order". As soon as the item is returned by the current user, you can collect it.
Changing your password
Your pre-set password is your birthday in four digits (day and month) without periods in between. It's 0405, for example, if your birthday is on 4th May.
Please change this pre-set password as soon as you can. Go to "User details - Change password".
If you have forgotten your password, you can request a new one using your library number on the log-in page.
Be sure to log out of your library account if you are working on a public computer (e. g. in a branch library).
Why is my Library Account blocked?
There are several reasons why your account may be blocked:
- not given us your current address;
- lost your Library Card and it’s been found;
- not returned books in spite of having received reminders to do so;
- not paid your reminder fees.
Whatever the case may be, please contact our staff during office hours.