Branch Library 2 (Human Sciences)
About the Library
Since 1992, Branch Library 2 has been at the so-called Marcushaus, which is the building of the Faculty of Human Sciences and Education. Its collection comprises media on the following subjects: Education, Psychology, Natural Science Didactics, Protestant Theology, and Religious Education as well as a collection of current schoolbooks. All media at the library are fitted with RFID chips and can be checked out at one self-service terminal.
Items of the extensive collections of psychological and educational tests (Chair for Psychology I) and of the Sound Studio, which includes music sheets, sound recording, and other music media (Chair for Music Education), can be checked out at the respective chairs.
About 260,000 volumes; approximately 35 percent of which are open stacks.
Range of subjects
- Educational Science
- Natural Science Didactics
- Protestant Theology and Religious Education
- Social Education
- Collection of Schoolbooks / Historical Collection of Schoolbooks (Call number 291/... and 295/...)
You can find the Bamberg Psychological Library System here [German only].
You can find the Bamberg Educational Science Library System here [German only].
Where do I find what?
Overview charts(35.0 KB)
This Branch Library is divided in small spaces where items are sorted according to certain topics.
- Reading Room with daily newspapers
- Schoolbook collection and schoolbook media
- Magazine reading room with current volumes of the magazine holdings in flap cabinets, running loose-leaf collection, hard-back volumes of periodicals BZ
- Term reserve list literature and reading desks
Basement level 1
- Reading Room
- Textbook collection
- B: Religious education
D: Educational Science
- Room for group work K 23N with hard-back volumes of periodicals CZ 1200 - DZ 8130
- Room for group work K 24N with hard-back volumes of periodicals DZ 8190 - TA 9170
Basement level 2
- D: Educational Science
S: Mathematics / Didactics
TA - TD: Natural Sciences
W: Biology, Medicine
XA - YZ: Medicine
ZA - ZE: Agriculture, Forestry, Domestic Economy
ZG - ZS: Engineering