Necessary documents for applying for a master's degree
- Application form: printed out and signed
- Curriculum vitae
- Higher education entry qualification (certified copy needed)
- University entry exam (certified copy needed)
- Final/provisional degree certificate (certified copy needed)
- German Language certificate B2 GER CEFR (certified copy needed)
- This is not necessary for Masters' degrees International Software Systems Science, General Linguistics and English & American Studies.
- German studies alone are not sufficent!
- If applicable: change of name (certified copy needed)
- Passport copy
- Scholarship (DAAD, BAYHOST)
- Letter of attorney, if someone does the application process on your behalf
Some masters' degrees require addtional documents, for example:
- English language certificate (for International Masters' degrees) such as IELTS, TOEFL or UNIcert C2
- Proof of specific academic knowledge, for example courses in statistics
- Letter of recommendation (For Double Master's degree in Political Science only!)
- Working experience
- Letter of motivation
Find information at the end of the application form.