Prof. Dr. Susanne Rässler
Apprenticeship (industrial clerk) at Siemens AG; Study of Business Administration majoring in Statistics and Business Informatics at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg; Senior Research Assistant at the Chair of Statistics and Econometrics at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg; 1995: conferral of a doctorate: Dr. rer. Pol.; 2001: postdoctoral lecture qualification for statistics and econometrics; April 2004 – August 2007: Head of the Competence Centre for Empirical Methods at the Institute for Labor Market and Occupational Research (IAB), Nuremberg; October 2004 – August 2007: Additional direction of the Department for Product and Program Analysis at the general office of the German Federal Labor Market Authority, Nuremberg; January 2007 – August 2007: Adjunct professor for Computational Statistics at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Frankfurt/M.; summer term 2007: deputy professor cum spe at the Chair for Statistics and Econometrics at the Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg; since September 2007: at the Chair for Statistics and Econometrics at the Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg.
- Dean of the faculty for social sciences and economics since November 2008.
- Coordintor of the methods team of the National Educational Panel Study (NEPS).
- Member of the Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD) since November 2008.
- Member of the commission for the scientific consultancy of the official statistics and the Federal Government for the census 2001 (Census Commission) since August 2011.
- Member of the scientific advisory council of the computer center of the Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg.
- Permanent visiting professor at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Frankfurt/M.
- Erdös number: 4.
- Missing data techniques, nonresponse, imputation techniques
- Sample theory
- Computational statistics, Monte Carlo methods, optimization techniques
- Data fusion and identifiability, splitting of questionnaires (development of a 'Split Questionnaire Survey' design)
- Bayes statistics, Bayesian approaches to econometrics of financial markets
- Econometric estimation of productivity on company data level
- Evaluation research (especially econometric evaluation of educational measures)
- Software reliability engineering, performance configuration problems
Memberships in scientific associations
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- German Statistical Association (DStatG)
- International Association of Survey Statisticians (IASS)
- Methodological Department of the German Sociological Association (DGS)
- Founding member of the European Association of Methodology (EAM)
Activities as editor and peer-review
- Allgemeines Statistisches Archiv (AStA)
- Austrian Journal of Statistics (AJS)
- Computational Statistics & Data Analysis (CSDA)
- John Wiley & Sons
- Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics (JEBS)
- Journal of Multivariate Analysis (JMVA)
- Journal of Ocial Statistics (JOS)
- Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A (JRSS A)
- Methodology of Longitudinal Surveys (MOLS)
- Statistical Papers
- Survey Methodology
- The Israel Science Foundation
- Zeitschrift für Evaluation
- Zeitschrift für Sportwissenschaft
- Since August 2003: Associate Editor of the Journal of Official Statistics (JOS)
- Since January 2007: Co-Editor of the AStA – (Archive of economics and social sciences)