Qualification goals of the B.Sc. Software Systems Science
The qualification goals of the course include the areas of academic qualification, qualification for a qualified employment, personal development and social commitment:
In the area of academic qualification, students have achieved the following qualification goals:
- Students have extensive technical and methodological knowledge of IT basics, programming languages, software development and software quality assurance.
- Students are able to analyze, design, implement and validate complex, networked and distributed software systems as well as create and present technical documentation.
- In their thesis, students have shown that they can independently design a comprehensive scientific work by applying their specialist knowledge with the help of scientific methods.
- Students know the principles of scientific work and are able to understand and present scientific facts under supervision.
- Students are qualified to do research-oriented work in a computer science master’s course.
In the area of qualification for qualified employment, students have achieved the following qualification goals:
- In practical exercises and projects, students demonstrated that they master programming and software development techniques and can use them appropriately in the context of the application.
- Students can meet requirements that are placed on the internal and inter-company integration of software systems and on the development of secure and robust software systems.
In the area of personality development, students have achieved the following qualification goals:
- Students can analyze IT problems both on their ownand in a team and work out and develop suitable problem solutions (in the literal sense of IT).
- Students can acquire extensive specialist knowledge both under supervision and independently and apply it in the context of IT projects.
- Students are well familiar with the English terminology and can communicate in it.
In the area of social commitment, students have achieved the following qualification goals:
- Students know the basic principles of scientific ethics and data protection, are aware of their responsibility with regard to the social impact of modern information technologies and can assess ethical aspects of software projects from an IT perspective.