About the Computing Centre
IT at the University of Bamberg has been organised with a view to being as user friendly as possible. The Chief Information Office is responsible for devising our strategy for further IT development(329.2 KB) (German). User interests are represented by the IuK committee.
Use of university IT systems and Computing Centre duties are regulated by a series of guidelines and concepts (German).
As the IT service provider for research and teaching at the University of Bamberg, the Computing Centre operates the basic IT infrastructure and provides students and staff with IT solutions.
It is composed of
- management and secretarial staff (German)
- central IT support (German)
- communications networks (German)
- server systems and network administration (German)
- IT service for instructors (ITfL) (German)
- IT service for students (ITfS) (German)
- computer service (German)
and works closely with all other University of Bamberg IT service providers.
Central IT Support (German) handles enquiries and provides assistance in all matters of university IT services. You can contact Computing Centre staff (German) utilise services via various contact points (German).