User Accounts for External Users
Persons who are not University of Bamberg members and students of certain other universities have the opportunity to obtain a user account as external users.
This user account comprises a user name (also known as the BA number, e.g. ba7da19) and a corresponding password. This combination is your key to accessing a variety of IT services.
Persons eligible for an external user account are:
- external users such as affiliated cooperation and project partners, as well as visiting researchers and scholars.
- students from the University of Bayreuth, the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg and Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg. When it comes to students from other Bavarian universities, the external accounts are assigned on a case by case basis.
Extending the User Account
After 6 months, your authorisation to use IT services will expire. You can submit an application for a user account extension to your project’s management or the responsible university staff member. The application for extension must be sent via the IAM Portal and accounts may be extended for a maximum of 6 months. This is only possible after you have received the email notification on the last day your account is still active. This email will contain instructions and further steps for the extension.
Applying for a User Account
For External Partners and Post-doctoral Candidates not Employed by the University
- Please use the application below (IAM-Portal) and follow the instructions provided.
- You will receive all necessary information and data concerning your new user account as soon as the account is authorised by the management of the appropriate organisational unit.
- You will have to change the initial password supplied with this information before you can utilise IT services.
Receiving and Utilising Your Account
|User Lifecycle step||Timeline|
|Creation of the user account||After your application has been approved|
|Use of your account||After receiving your BA number and password|
For Students from Other Universities
As a student of one of the three aforementioned universities, you can receive an external user account at the University of Bamberg by presenting enrolment verification (your student ID card and an enrolment certificate) as well as a photo ID at the university computing centre.
User Lifecycle for External User Accounts and Students from Other Universities
The management of university members’ accounts, from the start of employment to the cancellation of the account, has been automated by means of the User Lifecycle. The user account for external users and students from other universities is limited to a 6-month period but can be extended if need be.
The following tables provide the chronology of the individual steps regarding your user account, from its creation to its deletion.
The user account expires after 6 months
|Email: notification||The same day|
|Email: reminder||2 weeks later|
|Disabling of the user account||4 weeks later|
|Deletion of the user account||6 weeks later|