Application Process 2023/2024
Welcome to National Model United Nations (NMUN), where you can embark on a transformative journey to explore the cities of New York and Washington DC, visit esteemed institutions, and collaborate with like-minded individuals to tackle global challenges, just like the real United Nations.
This extraordinary opportunity welcomes students from all disciplines!
To get a glimpse of the essence of NMUN, watch the video of the Bamberg Delegation from the 2022/2023 semester:
Structure of the Project
Throughout the semester, you will engage in various activities that will enhance your understanding of the United Nations and its role as a global body. The project consists of the following components:
- Seminar (Wed, 16:00 - 18:00, F21/03.02): A weekly 1.5-hour seminar focused on the United Nations as an organization.
- Tutorial (Thu, 18:00 - 22:00, U5/02.22): A weekly 4-hour tutorial where tutors will equip you with the necessary skills to excel in the Model UN simulations.
- Excursions: Exploration of esteemed institutions beyond the classroom with exciting excursions to Berlin and Washington DC.
- Conferences: Participation in conferences held in Bamberg, Erlangen, Erfurt, and New York (the grand finale!).
Dates for the journey to Washington, D.C., and New York:
Washington, D.C.: March 19 - March 23, 2024
New York: March 24 - March 28, 2024
Costs of the Project
To cover the expenses associated with the project, there is an overall cost of approximately € 700 per delegate, to be paid in advance. Additionally, delegates are responsible for booking their own flights to the US. We endeavor to secure sponsorships and academic grants to reduce the financial burden. It is possible that delegates may receive partial reimbursement after the project concludes, typically in July or August. Rest assured, you will only pay for the services and experiences you receive.
The application process consists of two phases:
Phase 1: Submit your application via email to email@example.com by September 1, 2023.
Your application should include:
- A comprehensive CV (1-2 pages) highlighting your relevant experience and achievements.
- A Letter of Motivation (250-300 words) explaining your passion for global affairs, the United Nations, and your desire to participate in NMUN.
- An Essay (300-400 words) responding to the following prompt: "Combating Plastic Pollution: Norway's three suggestions to address the global challenge." Imagine yourself as a representative of Norway in the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) and present your ideas accordingly (1st paragraph: description of the problem; 2nd paragraph: what has Norway done in this regard; 3d paragraph: what are 3 suggestions from Norway to address the problem on a global scale).
Letter of Motivation and Essay Formatting Requirements: Font size: 12 pt., Font type: Times New Roman, Line spacing: Single, Side margins: 3cm each.
It is required that all documents be in English.
Phase 2: If your application successfully advances to the second phase, you will be invited for an interview in September 2023.
Information Evenings Slides(25.9 MB)
If you would like to know more, just join us for one of our information evenings in person or via Zoom:
- Monday, July 24th, at 6 PM, FG1 / 00.08
- Tuesday, July 25th, at 6 PM, https://uni-bamberg.zoom.us/j/61080244802 Meeting ID: 610 8024 4802 Passcode: ^2S?zw
- Wednesday, July 26th, at 6 PM, MG2 / 01.10
- Thursday, July 27th, at 6 PM https://uni-bamberg.zoom.us/j/64894159707 Meeting ID: 648 9415 9707 Passcode: ?VzMV9
Stay Connected and Apply Now!
For any inquiries or clarifications, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to assist you throughout the application process.
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nmun_bamberg/
Check out our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/results
We eagerly await your applications!
Join NMUN and embark on a transformative journey to shape a better future on the global stage!