Research in mathematics education is part of the research profile of the Otto-Friedrich-University in the focus on education.
Studies especially focus on teaching-learning-processes, development of substantial learning environments as well as research questions related to mathematics, psychology, and paedagogy.
Research Interests (Prof. Dr. Steinweg)
- Algebraic Thinking
- Mathematics Education between Kindergarten and School (Early Numeracy)
- Mathematics as the Science of Patterns
- IT Education for Teachers
Current PhD Research Studies
- Innovative Assessment in Maths Classrooms
- Promoting Multiplicative Understanding
- Effects of App Use for Early Mathematical Education
- Representation based Proofs in Primary Mathematics Education
Finalised PhD Research Studies
- Graphic Representation of Context Tasks - Development of an Analysis Instrument and Evaluation of an Intervention Measure
- Early Mathematical Education in the Everyday Life of Kindergarten - Foundation and Evaluation of a Competence-Oriented Approach
- The Development of Solution Strategies for Addition Tasks during the First School Year