Admission and Enrolment
The formal entry requirement for the Master’s program in International Information Systems Management is a graduation from a university or technical college in International Information Systems Management or a related course with a grade of 2.7 or better.
Related courses are basically all economics courses, all computer science courses, the business informatics course and the industrial engineering course. Sufficient basics for the International Information Systems Management master’s course must also be acquired in a related course. The examination board will decide on a case-by-case basis whether the course is considered related in this sense.
Based on the scope of your bachelor's degree, you will study either in the master's with 120 or 90 ECTS points.
Master’s course with 120 ECTS points
The 4-semester Master’s degree in International Information Systems Management is designed as a consecutive in-depth master’s degree that builds on a Bachelor’s degree in International Information Systems Management or a related degree with at least 180 ECTS points.
If you apply with a Bachelor's degree in International Information Systems Management, you will be admitted without any conditions. If you apply for a related bachelor's degree, you must demonstrate the following competencies: proportion of modules in business informatics of at least 30 ECTS points, international information systems management of at least 24 ECTS points, business administration of at least 24 ECTS points and mathematical basics of at least 18 ECTS points. Admission is also granted if the sum of the ECTS points from the subjects to be verified is less than a maximum of 30 ECTS points. It is not possible to balance the ECTS points between the individual subjects. Accordingly, up to 30 ECTS points can also be awarded as additional modules with an application. These additional modules must be completed within one year.
Master’s course with 90 ECTS points
The courses in International Information Systems Management at the University of Bamberg were switched from 210 ECTS points to 180 ECTS points in the 2018/19 winter semester and from 90 ECTS points to 120 ECTS points in the Master’s. In the transition phase, the previous 3-semester 90 ECTS master’s course will be continued and enrollment is still possible if you have a Bachelor of International Information Systems Management with a standard study period of 7 semesters and 210 ECTS points.
Please note that the admissions process can take a few weeks. You should apply as early as possible so that you can plan your studies in good time. We therefore recommend that you keep the following application deadlines:
Start of studies in the winter semester
Recommended application deadline: August 31st
Start of studies in the summer semester
Recommended application deadline: February 28th
Information on the application deadlines can be found on the website of the student office.
Foreign applicants who do not already live in Germany should apply earlier, if possible, in order to have enough time for language tests, preparation for entry, moving and settling into the new culture and study environment.
The application for the IISM master’s course is completely online in the student’s office’s master’s application portal.
- In the course of the online application, you must upload the following documents:
- Proof of the examination of the general or subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
- Proof of a university degree (if the university certificate is not yet available at the time of application, this can be submitted later - but this does not apply to foreign applicants)
- Proof of the study and examination achievements made in the course of the university studies (e.g. by certificate, current overview of grades, overview of achievements or transcript of records)
- if applicable, certificates of further training measures
- For foreign applicants, proof of German language skills at least at level B2 and a copy of the identity card or passport.
If you submit foreign certificates as part of your application, these must be sent by post to the student office with an officially certified German or English translation.
- Application for a master’s degree - general information from the student office
- Student Advice
- Study and subject examination regulations for the master’s program in International Information Systems Management at the Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg