Applying for participation
The application for the cycle 2019-2021 will open at 15 August 2018.
Criteria for the selection process are:
- Academic achievement
- Quality of the letter of motivation
In case of equal quality, priority is given to women and members of Bread for the World - Protestant Service for Development programmes in the educational sector.
Candidates exceeding the age of 40 need to justify their motives in a letter.
Candidates should receive a feedback of whether they have been accepted in the programme around the end of May 2019.
Please send your dossier of application by 1 January 2019 (date of reception) as pdf-file to:
Should you not receive a confirmation within three days, please contact us again!
Candidates wishing to apply for the participation in the Master’s programme need to prepare the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Authenticated copies of certificates from secondary schools
- Authenticated copies of university certificates (or other certificates, such as transcript of records, diploma supplement) in German, English or French translation
- Authenticated copies of language certificates
- Confirmation by the employer that the candidate will be given the necessary time and infrastructure to participate in the MA programme (see download form “Confirmation by Employer”)
- Two letters of recommendations (see download form “Letter of Recommendation”)
- Financial plan or statement of funding
- Health Certificate (see download form “Health Certificate”)
- Statement of willingness to work on weekends (see download "Willingness to work on weekends")
- A competence portfolio including:
1. A short, one-page profile of the organization where the candidate is working;
2. A summary of all areas of activity and responsibilities after the university degree or teacher training certificate, taken from the CV; (see download form “Education”)
3. A summary of all courses in post-graduate and continued education in which the candidate participated after the end of his training/degree; (see download form “Education”)
4. A summary of all courses in post-graduate and continued education which the candidate has held after the end of his training/degree; (see download form “Education”)